How to Break a Weight Loss Plateau Fast [12 Tips]
Are you stuck at the same weight for weeks or even months?
Does your fitness routine no longer affect how you feel about yourself and how you see life in general, as it used to before?
Do you find that your clothes don’t fit anymore like they should do because of your weight gain over time? If so, then this article is perfect for any of these cases.
You know how hard it can be when we want to lose a few pounds, but the scale doesn’t budge. It’s frustrating, right?! The solution is not always clear-cut, but you can try many things that might help break through that plateau into something more upbeat! In this article, I will share some tips on how to break a weight loss plateau, how to break a weight loss plateau fast, and how you can improve your diet and exercise habits to lose that stubborn weight.
Also Read: How Does Fiber Help with Weight Loss [Consume Guide]
Since the New Year, how many times have you heard someone say how great it is to be on a weight-loss plateau? The truth is that it can feel like an eternity. Breaking through this barrier and finding success again can seem impossible. In reality, there are many ways to break out of this frustrating pattern and start seeing results again! This blog post will give you 12 tips and tricks for how to make your way back up onto the healthy track.
The 12 things you can do to break a weight loss plateau are:
- Consider how you are feeling and how your body is holding up. If it feels like the weight loss plateau has been going on for a while, take some time to think about what changes have happened in recent weeks or months that could be affecting your progress. Is there anything new you have started eating? Have you changed how much sleep or exercise you get per day?
- Track how many calories you consume each day with an app such as MyFitnessPal, if not already doing so.
- Add more protein into your diet by adding high-protein foods such as eggs, beans, tofu, lentils, nuts, etc. You can also incorporate whey isolate shakes and high-quality animal products from meat sources such as chicken breast.
- Eat an appropriate amount of carbs that will help you maintain steady blood sugar throughout the day. You can do this by adding more high-fiber foods into your diet, such as whole grains and vegetables, or eating lower glycemic fruits like strawberries instead of bananas.
- Add in some new cardio exercise just for two weeks to try something different while still giving your body what it needs to get stronger and reach its full potential. This could be anything from swimming laps (which strengthens all major muscle groups) to performing exercises on a VersaClimber machine which is excellent for strengthening the heart and lungs.
- Take care of how much caffeine you consume daily because too much has been shown to lead to weight gain. Stick with no more than a cup of tea a day or one coffee with two sugars and no cream.
- Get more sleep to help reduce ghrelin levels. Ghrelin is the hunger hormone that gets released when your body doesn’t get enough restful sleep, leading to overeating for your body to make up for lost calories.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day because dehydration will also cause weight gain and other health issues such as headaches and mood swings! Aim for at least 64 ounces (or eight glasses) each day.
- Try to manage stress levels by practicing self-care and calming exercises.
- Choose a realistic diet plan that you know will work for your lifestyle, not just what is popular at the time. Remember how to break a weight loss plateau fast.
- Try intermittent fasting. This is where you go for a certain period without eating any food except water. During this fasting window, your body will enter into the fat-burning mode and use up all its stored sugars to power itself instead!
- No matter how many times it takes or how long it feels like you have been stuck on that plateau, there are always ways to get back onto the track and start seeing results again. The best thing to do is take some time now to think about what factors could be contributing to determining how to break a weight loss plateau fast once and for all.
I hope these 12 tips and tricks for how to break a weight loss plateau fast will help you find success again. If you doubt how to break a weight loss plateau fast, leave your comment below, and I’ll respond as soon as possible.